Christian at savioursofsoul.de
Wed May 15 02:20:24 PDT 2013
Am 14.05.2013 21:42, schrieb Christian Budde:
> Am 13.05.2013 16:16, schrieb Tom Stellard:
>> On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 01:48:44PM +0200, Christian Budde wrote:
>>> a few days ago, I was trying to access the LLVM target registry via the
>>> LLVM-C interface. Unfortunately I can't seem to get some useful
>>> information out of it.
>>> Despite the fact that the following code is written in Pascal, can you
>>> please tell me if I have done something wrong here?
>>> // initialize all targets / target information
>>> // initialize native target in particular
>>> // get first target
>>> Target := LLVMGetFirstTarget;
>>> // loop until the target is NULL
>>> while (Target <> nil) do
>>> // get target name & description
>>> TargetName := LLVMGetTargetName(Target);
>>> TargetDescription := LLVMGetTargetDescription(Target);
>>> // do something with these information
>>> Target := LLVMGetNextTarget(Target);
>> I don't see any obvious problems here, though someone else might.
>> What exactly is the problem you are seeing? Is LLVMGetFirstTarget
>> returning NULL?
> LLVMGetFirstTarget returns a pointer at a quite high address. Subsequent
> calls to LLVMGetNextTarget all return the very same pointer (much
> lower). If I query LLVMGetTargetName and LLVMGetTargetDescription I got
> an empty string and a null pointer.
>> You may want to take a look at this code:
>> It is a pretty good example of using the C API for accessing the target
>> registry. However, if you want to test this code directly, I would
>> recommend replacing the r600 target triple with your native
>> architecture, because the R600 backend is not built by default.
> I've done it exactly like in this example (except the fact that I'm
> using pascal as language and x86 as main target). So if the sequence of
> calls seems to be right, I'll be investigating whether I've done
> something wrong compiling the DLL.
I just found the bug. It was all my fault. When migrating the pascal
interface code from 3.2 to 3.3, I accidentally removed the explicit
declaration of the calling convention (should have been cdecl).
Now everything works as expected.
Thanks for the clarification,
Tel.: +49 511 31048857
E-Mail: Christian at savioursofsoul.de
More information about the llvm-dev