[LLVMdev] gcc 4.8.x dragonegg support

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Sat May 11 14:55:44 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 12:21:30PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 06:53:05AM -0700, Peter Collingbourne wrote:
> > On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 09:25:55AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> > > Duncan,
> > >     I was wondering if you plan on supporting the build of dragonegg under gcc 4.8.1svn
> > > for the llvm 3.3 release? Is the deprecation and poisoning of IDENT_ASM_OP too problematic
> > > to work around without some additional substitute being added in FSF gcc upstream?
> >
> > Hi Jack,
> >
> > There's a patch under review to add gcc 4.8 support:
> > http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20130401/170127.html
>
> Peter,
>    Thanks. With the second patch applied, current dragonegg 3.3svn builds under FSF gcc 4.8.1svn
> with the plugin header fix applied. There appears to be a regression in the Polyhedron 2005
> benchmarks for aermod and rnflow. The first fails to compile with the errror...
>
> % /sw/lib/gcc4.8/bin/gfortran -fplugin=/sw/lib/gcc4.8/lib/dragonegg.so -specs=/sw/lib/gcc4.8/lib/integrated-as.specs -O1  aermod.f90 -o aermod
>   "_iround", referenced from:

I looked into this briefly.  I think iround is some kind of gcc
intrinsic (like the lround function in C, except it returns an int).
I don't have access to that benchmark suite nor do I know Fortran
very well.  Can you try to construct a small reproducing test case
given the above information about what this function does?

Thanks,
--
Peter