[LLVMdev] Shared library support of llvm

Christian Budde Christian at savioursofsoul.de
Wed May 8 14:42:27 PDT 2013

Hello,

with some minor modifications I was able to build a DLL with Visual
Studio 11, which contained most LLVM-C functions in one DLL. However,
some manual work was necessary (e.g. build an export.def file), but
beside this it was quite easy.

Since Visual Studio isn't the IDE I'm used to, I can't tell exactly what
I have done, but since I was able to build it first for version 3.2 and
later for 3.3 it must have been quite simple. Just add dependencies to
the static libraries you want to use and add those functions to a .def
file you add in the projects settings. Other options are probably just
sugar.

Since I started with the solution, which was created by CMake it was
only possible to do it either for 32-bit or 64-bit, but since I only
needed 32-bit for now it's not a big issue. The mingw solution didn't
work for me somehow. Especially the DLL was too big (22 MB), when I
needed only some features (custom DLL is just 7 MB).

--
Christian-W. Budde
Eleonorenstr. 17
E-Mail: Christian at savioursofsoul.de