[LLVMdev] [lld] contentHash in the Reader ?

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Wed May 8 10:29:05 PDT 2013

On 5/8/2013 11:35 AM, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> Interestingly newer, supposedly "more secure" digest algorithms are
> also very often significantly faster. I don't think we want any of the
> ones mentioned here, I think we want one of the candidates is the SHA3
> competition which had truly stellar software implementation
> throughput. I'm hoping to add support for such a digest algorithm to
> LLVM soon, as there are many folks who want to consume this
> information: modules, merge function pass, debug info, and the linker.
Nice, Is it performant in size as well as speed too ?. Because lld would
need to store this information for every atom thats mergeable.

What are the SHA-3 variants that you think would suite these needs ?

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation