[LLVMdev] gcc 4.8.x dragonegg support

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Wed May 8 06:53:05 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 09:25:55AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Duncan,
>     I was wondering if you plan on supporting the build of dragonegg under gcc 4.8.1svn
> for the llvm 3.3 release? Is the deprecation and poisoning of IDENT_ASM_OP too problematic
> to work around without some additional substitute being added in FSF gcc upstream?

Hi Jack,

There's a patch under review to add gcc 4.8 support:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20130401/170127.html

Part of that patch has already been applied.  I gather that Duncan
has been busy with conference organisation so it may take some time
for him to review the rest of it.

Thanks,
--
Peter