[LLVMdev] [lld] contentHash in the Reader ?

Nick Kledzik kledzik at apple.com
Tue May 7 22:08:53 PDT 2013

Shankar,

Do you mean add a method like:

     virtual unsigned contentHash() const = 0;

or maybe:

     virtual llvm::hash_code contentHash() const = 0

to lld::DefinedAtom?  That seems good to me.   We just need to figure out what should happen with atoms not intended to be merged.  Should the method assert?  In the case where we want there to be a hash available, is it computed lazily?

Regarding the NativeReader/NativeWriter if the resolver is using the hash, then it would make sense to add the hash to the file format so reading native format is faster.

-Nick