[LLVMdev] CommandLine: using cl::Positional with enum

Pedro Delgado Perez pedro.delgadoperez at mail.uca.es
Tue May 7 00:58:21 PDT 2013

  Hi,I've been trying to code through CommandLine the options I want my tool accepts, but I find quite impossible to achieve robustly what I need .Look, I want the tool accepts a list of arguments in a particular order. For this goal, I know the cl::Positional flag. But, the problem is that the first argument must be one of a set of options (like a kind of subcommand of the tool). In my case, only the three next commands are possible:myTool option1myTool option2  arg1  arg2 myTool option3  arg1and I don't want a different order is possible, for instance, this is not permitted:myTool arg2 option2 arg1So, I thought about using an enum for this first argument:enum OptLevel{option1, option2, option3};cl::opt<OptLevel> OptionsLevel(cl::Positional, cl::desc("Choose one of these options:"),cl::values(clEnumVal(option1, "..."),clEnumVal(option2, "..."),clEnumVal(option3, "..."), clEnumValEnd),);After that, the rest of arguments are also particular of the option selected as the first argument, i.e, the rest of arguments are related with the first one. So I thought I could independently parse these arguments with:cl::list<std::string>  Argv (cl::ConsumeAfter, cl::desc("<program arguments>..."));But, doing this when I run:myTool option1 file.cpp --I got the next error:"error - this positional option will never be matched, because it does not Require a value and a cl::ConsumeAfter option is active!"So, I modify "OptionsLevelOptionsLevel" including the cl::Required flagThe error is now:"option: does not allow a value! option1 specified.option: must be specified at least once!option: must be specified at least once!option: must be specified at least once!"Then, I decided to use cl::PositionalEatsArgs instead of cl::ConsumeAfter. Then, this is the result:"option: does not allow a value! option1 specified."But, this time, the program continues. However, if I run "myTool option3 arg1 file.cpp --" it gives me a different problem:"warning: ../build/arg1: 'linker' input unusederror: unable to handle compilation, expected exactly one compiler job in ' '"But the program still goes on.Is there a way to accomplish what I have explained? I don't want those errors and warnings. Thanks,Pedro.