[LLVMdev] [Polly] GSoC Proposal: Reducing LLVM-Polly Compiling overhead

Star Tan tanmx_star at yeah.net
Fri May 3 02:39:41 PDT 2013

Dear Tobias,

Thank you very much for your very helpful advice.

Yes, -debug-pass and -time-passes are two very useful and powerful options when evaluating the compile-time of each compiler pass. They are exactly what I need! With these options, I can step into details of the compile-time overhead of each pass. I have finished some preliminary testing based on two randomly selected files from PolyBench and MediaBench. Results are listed on https://gist.github.com/tanstar/5508153 .

Thanks again for your timely advice and help.

Best regards,
Star Tan.