[LLVMdev] How to convert the .s file(assemble) to .ll (IR)

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Fri May 3 01:51:49 PDT 2013

On May 3, 2013 2:51 AM, "xiaoyaollvm" <xiaoyaollvm at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have the file which is assemble, I want to convert it to IR.
> Are there some tools to do this in LLVM?
> Thanks,
> Yao

Can you attach the .s file you have?
I am working on a decompiler that will have an "output llvm ir". The real
question is what are you going to do with the ir once you have it.
As mine is a decompiler, i am focusing on making the output as humanly
readable as possible. If you only need the ir in a state that llvm can work
with, but not necessary easy to read, then llvm-qemu is likely to suit.
I ask for you to attach your .s so that i can see how close my decompiler
is to working with it.
My decompiler is open source on github "libbeauty"