[LLVMdev] auto-generation of archGenDisassemblerTables.inc?

Guerra, Mario mariog at quicinc.com
Wed May 1 16:49:12 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm looking into development of an llvm-objdump utility for hexagon and I've read that there is a way to have tablegen automatically generate decode tables for you. I've not been able to find much info on this topic, the best info I've been able to find is this tutorial: http://www.embecosm.com/appnotes/ean10/ean10-howto-llvmas-1.0.html#idp3570032

I've managed to get tablegen to generate the HexagonGenDisassemblerTables.inc file, but the file is empty. What is required in order to properly generate the table(s)? Is this information documented somewhere that I've overlooked?

Thanks,
Mario