[LLVMdev] Feedback required on proper dllexport/import implementation

Nico Rieck nico.rieck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 15:24:44 PDT 2013

On 27.03.2013 21:39, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
> Target-specific attributes seems the best solution here, but they
> cannot be applied to globals. Maybe we'd think into this direction?

I agree. I actually was thinking of this earlier. Globals already have a
comma-separated list for additional properties (namely section and
alignment), but nothing easily extensible like function attributes. This
could be extended for dllexport/import.
This begs the question whether Globals should have proper attributes
like functions. Are there other things this might be beneficial for?

-Nico