[LLVMdev] About commit TILE-Gx backend to community repository and default disabled

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Sat Mar 23 08:14:55 PDT 2013

On 03/23/2013 10:51 AM, Jiong Wang wrote:
> on 2013/3/23 1:52, Chris Lattner wrote:
>> On Mar 19, 2013, at 8:58 PM, Jiong Wang <jiwang at tilera.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> could you please comment on committing TILE-Gx backend into community?
>> Hi Jiong,
>>
>> I don't have any special advice here.  It sounds like the general
>> functionality level is high enough.  Taking it into mainline sounds
>> great, so long as it is reviewed by someone.
>
>    thanks.
>
>    I will commit after rebasing & re-testing the code on latest llvm
> mainline. And I will follow http://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html
> to setup a TILE-Gx buildbot.

Hi Jiong,

did you receive a full review by an LLVM committer who approved the full
patch set (not just individual ones) with some kind of "Looks good to
me"? This is the requirement Chris put for inclusion and only after this
has happened (and there are no major concerns found during review) you
should commit the back end.

I am myself very supportive on getting this in, but I have the feeling
this did not yet happen. So I propose to not commit this backend
prematurely. (In case I missed something and this review already
happened, would you mind pointing me to the email and committer who
reviewed the backend)

Thanks,
Tobias