[LLVMdev] Hit a snag while attempting to write a backend - any advice?

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 04:55:49 PDT 2013

Hi Lee,

>         JMP <BB#1>, %R0<imp-use>

To me it looks like your JMP instruction (in XXXInstrInfo.td) somehow
says it uses R0 (the normal link register on your target, since RET
also uses it?).

I'd have to see the code to be sure, but since it's implicit I'd first
look for a "let Uses = [R0] in" which applies to the JMP instruction,
but perhaps should only apply to RET? A misplaced closing brace '}'
possibly?

If you could post the exact snippet around the definition of JMP we
might be able to come up with more.

Cheers.

Tim.