[LLVMdev] Help with LLVM 3.2 linking error

Nicola Gigante nicola.gigante at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 09:58:13 PDT 2013

Il giorno 18/mar/2013, alle ore 15:14, Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> ha scritto:

> Nicola Gigante <nicola.gigante at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The error I get is the following:
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>  "typeinfo for llvm::FoldingSetImpl", referenced from:
>>      typeinfo for llvm::FoldingSet<Type> in Program.o
>> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
>>
>> Looking at the error the question is: is llvm built with RTTI support
>> by default?
>
> No.
>
>> If not, how do I enable it?
>
> AFAIK, there is no method for enabling RTTI (other than modifying the
> makefiles).

Ok, but is it the source of the error? does it comes from the fact that I'm linking llvm libraries without rtti with
my code that is compiled _with_ rtti? I cannot disable rtti in my code so it's a problem (at least I think so.
I use dynamic_casts, is -fno-rtti only for typeinfo?)
It sounds strange to me, the same used to apply before, but I didn't
get this error last month with the old setup…

Any hint?

Thank you,
Nicola