[LLVMdev] Hexagon: removing support for Hexagon-v2 and Hexagon-v3

Anshuman Dasgupta adasgupt at codeaurora.org
Thu Mar 14 12:51:52 PDT 2013

I wanted to give everybody a heads-up on upcoming commits for the
Hexagon backend. We will be removing support for older versions of the
Hexagon architecture - specifically Hexagon-v2 and Hexagon-v3. These are
no longer being used by compiler users. Matthew Curtis has committed the
first clang patch to remove driver support for these versions. There
will be follow-up patches on the LLVM side to remove instructions that
are not used by newer versions of the architecture. After these changes,
the compiler will support Hexagon-v4 and Hexagon-v5.

Matthew has committed a short blurb in the 3.3 release notes. We'll add
the reasons behind the removal to that note.

Thanks
-Anshu

---
hosted by The Linux Foundation