[LLVMdev] undefined reference to 'llvm_gcda_start_file', 'llvm_gcda_emit_arcs', etc

Qun Fa testforqunfa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:06:03 PDT 2013

Hi,
I am trying to test my project and get the code coverage with a version of
clang compiler that was built from the latest llvm/clang codebase.

It worked for a while. But today, after I updated my local checkout, and
re-build llvm, clang and compiler-rt, when I test my project again, I got
the errors with undefined reference to 'llvm_gcda_start_file',
'llvm_gcda_emit_arcs', 'llvm_gcda_emit_function', and 'llvm_gcda_end_file'.

I have searched the codebase, and have found the functions are defined in
GCDAProfiling.c file, but not sure why this suddenly doesn't work for me.

Anyone can give any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance.
Qun