[LLVMdev] LNT BenchmarkGame

Daniel Dunbar daniel.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:38:03 PDT 2013

On Mar 12, 2013, at 12:48, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:

On 12 March 2013 19:21, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:

> +1
>
> There are a couple of example implementations here which are only a few
> lines long:
> http://wiki.osdev.org/Random_Number_Generator

I was going to rant about the quality of simple LCGs but it seems that
*all* standard implementations rely on that, so the argument of using a
standard library against a one-liner is void. ;)

Now, on to the practical issues: is there a place where this can be added
once and used everywhere in the LNT, or should we just add that function to
all tests that use it?

No, not currently. This is what I was alluding to in the commit message I
mentioned earlier.

However, for the time being I think we should just drop the code into each
benchmark that needs it and update the reference outputs as appropriate.

 - Daniel

cheers,
--renato