[LLVMdev] LNT BenchmarkGame

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Mar 12 10:23:51 PDT 2013

On 12 March 2013 16:48, Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org> wrote:

> The former mode is historically what the test suite did, the latter mode
> is substantially faster (and independent of bugs in the native CC).

Yes, I agree this is better for many cases, but not for all. Implementing
RNG that is good enough for the tests' purposes, fast enough not to steal
the benchmarks' hot spots and does not use target/library-specific code is
not trivial. I think that, in this particular case, having bugs in GCC is
far less problematic than assuming fixed outputs.

I've tried USE_REFERENCE_OUTPUT := 0 on the Makefile, but the test.log
still prints it as 1 (and fails).

cheers,
--renato