[LLVMdev] AESOP autoparallelizing compiler

Timothy Mattausch Creech tcreech at umd.edu
Mon Mar 11 06:45:16 PDT 2013

Hi Rahul,
  Thanks for your interest!

  Our work does not attempt to make any significant contributions to alias analysis, and acts as a client to existing LLVM AA. Furthermore, the options passed to the AESOP frontend scripts are obeyed at compile time, but at link time certain transformations occur unconditionally.

Here, AESOP has actually thwarted your experiment by performing inlining just before link-time. You can disable this in ~/aesop/blank/Makefile. It does this unconditionally as a standard set of pre passes to help the analysis as much as possible. As a result, AESOP knows that A and B do not alias and is correctly parallelizing here.

Best,
Tim