[LLVMdev] Running cross compiled binaries for ARM on gem5

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Mar 11 05:54:44 PDT 2013

Hi Silky,

If I got correctly, you seem to be trying to run a bare-metal image on your
model, but you compile with linux-gnueabi GCC. I don't know if that will
make a difference, but I'd try to use none-eabi GCC toolchain and set the
-target armv7a-none-eabi just in case.

On 10 March 2013 00:26, Silky Arora <silkyar at umich.edu> wrote:

> Most of the search results talk about the executable not being statically
> compiled. Could anyone please tell me if any of the compilation commands is
> incorrect.
> Is there any other way I can check the executable generated is not buggy?

The options -target may not be correct. LLVM/Clang will silently ignore
unknown triples and will choose the default for whatever else it thinks is
appropriate. I'd use the one I mentioned above.

To make sure it's not a bug in the model, I'd run on other models (like
QEMU) or run in real hardware.

cheers,
--renato