[LLVMdev] Function permutation at IR bytecode level

teja tamboli tamboli.teja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 15:38:02 PST 2013

Hi All,

I am working on writing pass in LLVM and interested in doing function
permutation at intermediate representation byte code level?

If I have lets say C program having three functions and its corresponding
IR bytecode.

void findLen(char a[10])
{
   int tmp = strlen(a);
   printf("Len is : %d\n", tmp);
}
void muladd(int a, int b, int c)
{
   int tmp = a + b;
   int tmp1 = tmp * c;
   printf("Addition is : %d Multiplication is : %d\n", tmp, tmp1);
   char d[10] =  "abhd";
   findLen(d);
}
void main()
{
   int x = 8, y = 5, z = 3;
   muladd(x, y, z);
}

In its corresponding .s [IR bytecode] file function sequence will be same
first findLen() then muladd() and then main().
Suppose I want to change this sequence i.e. swap findLen() and muladd()
function's positions. I am expecting to have IR bytecode of first muladd()
then findLen() and then main() in the output file.

Can you please tell me how can I achieve it ?

Thanks,
Teja