[LLVMdev] loop metdata instruction

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Sun Mar 3 11:00:54 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Can you be more specific about how you're doing this?

> However, the CFG simplifier pass also can optimize the loop latch and
> attached metadata away. As this is a function pass, I don't have
> access to the loop-specific functionality such as getLoopLatch to
> check for metadata.

Why can't a function pass have access to loop-level information? I think that a function level pass can require LoopInfo, and then call:
LoopInfo *LI = &getAnalysis<LoopInfo>();
(and then you can use LI->getLoopFor, etc.)

In any case, why can't you just check for the metadata on any branch being modified?

Thanks again,
Hal