[LLVMdev] memory leaks at compiler termination

Alexander Potapenko glider at google.com
Sat Mar 2 09:56:44 PST 2013

On Mar 2, 2013 3:18 AM, "reed kotler" <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:

> Does LLVM try and make sure that all memory is freed before compiler exit?
>
> For example, It seems like the ARM constant pool code that I'm reading
will leave a lot of un-deallocated memory.

> Maybe I'm missing something here.
Is it that necessary to have the compiler free everything?
It usually makes sense to ensure all the allocated memory is still
reachable (i.e. there are no uncontrollable leaks), but if there are
pointers to that memory it should be fine to leave that memory unfreed to
speed up the process shutdown.