[LLVMdev] dragon egg + llvm for fortran to c translation

Philipp Schwaha philipp at schwaha.net
Fri Mar 1 06:23:54 PST 2013

hi!

I would like to know if it is feasible to use the dragon egg gcc plugin
to automatically convert fortran code to c. Having found that it is
possible to output llvm byte code back to c (at least something like
this gave me this impression/hope: llc -march=c -o test.c) I am hoping
to use dragon egg to generate the byte code from fortran 90 which than
output to c.
Does this seem feasible at all? How much in terms of variable names
etc. could be retained in this manner?

thanks for any suggestions or comments
    Philipp