[LLVMdev] vmkit variables internal representation

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 06:32:06 PDT 2013

> I attached the assembly file, the java file and the running script file. I
> hope the variable names can be identified.

Well, I'm afraid I know no more about the Java ABI than you, but Java
strings can be identified by the type {i32, [N x i16]} where the first
entry is the length and the array is UTF-16. Running the attached
hacked-together script on your bitcode file gives the following:

@41 contains string "MYGL"
@42 contains string "P"
@43 contains string "balance"

How these fit into the structures defined used is left as an exercise
to the interested reader. ;-)

Tim.