[LLVMdev] Auxiliary operand types for disassembler.

Sid Manning sidneym at codeaurora.org
Tue Jun 25 08:24:39 PDT 2013

I'm working on a disassembler for hexagon (vliw) architecture and I
would like to add an additional operand type, "kAux" to the MCOperand class.

The reason for this is that each insn has parse bits which are not
explicit operands and have differing meanings based on the insn's
location within the packet and the number of insns inside the packet.
In order for the disassembler to correctly represent the insn it needs
to accumulate the series of insns that form the packet. Only when the
entire packet is known can the meaning of the parse bits be properly
interpreted.

Changing objdump's interface to printInst so it passes the raw insn bits
down would allow the printer to accumulate the same information and
would work just as well I think.

hosted by The Linux Foundation