[LLVMdev] Pass Schedule Error

dag at cray.com dag at cray.com
Fri Jun 14 13:12:25 PDT 2013

I've been puzzling over this for a day:

Unable to schedule 'Unnamed pass: implement Pass::getPassName()'
required by '<some pass>'
Unable to schedule pass
UNREACHABLE executed at llvm/lib/VMCore/PassManager.cpp:1213!

First, why can't getPassName find the name?  I have provided one in the
usual way.  Second, why is it unable to schedule the pass?

-debug-pass=Details doesn't provide much help.

This analysis pass is somewhat different in that it has a class
hierarchy like this:

             MyPass

          MyPassBase<T>

       MachineFunctionPass

I pass the static ID down through MyPassBase to MachineFunctionPass in
the constructor.

Is there any reason why this inheritance would cause a problem?  The
problem occurred when I factored most of MyPass out into MyPassBase for
reuse.

Thanks!

                               -David