[LLVMdev] wiki page for how to run llvm-test suite for mips using qemu user mode

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Sat Jun 8 18:57:32 PDT 2013

On 06/08/2013 12:16 PM, reed kotler wrote:
> I've made a wiki page for running test-suite for Mips using qemu user
> mode and from the tip of tree llvm.
>
> https://dmz-portal.mips.com/wiki/Building_test-suite_and_running_it_under_Qemu
>

> Previous we had lots of custom scripts and modifications to llvm
> test-suite tip of tree to to do this but this wiki makes all of that
> obsolete now and we can run everything from tip of tree.
>
> Our tool chain works very well in a cross environment and that is partly
> why this is possible now
> (thanks to Simon Atanasyan).
>
> I have not tested this method for any other llvm targets but no doubt
> there will be some issues.

For those that have not straightened out the clang driver for your
target, you can adapt the alternate driver that I originally developed
for Mips and later was extended and modified by Akira and Simon.

https://code.google.com/p/alternate-clang-driver/

We used this to run many open source scripts that required a mature gcc
compatible driver.

It's a simple python script that lets you make a python based "clang"
that appears as a normal clang to other scripts.

If you add to this driver it would be great if you contribute the
changes to google code.