[LLVMdev] [Polly] Set up performance tester for GSOC2013 FastPolly project

Star Tan tanmx_star at yeah.net
Thu Jun 6 11:17:26 PDT 2013

Hi Tobias,

I am recently trying to set up the performance tester for FastPolly project. According to your suggestion, I plan to use the LNT infrastructure to set up the performance tester. For this purpose, I think I should do this job in three steps:

First, I will add PolyBench to LLVM test-suite since PolyBench is the critical benchmarks for FastPolly. I have adjust the PolyBench-c-3.2 so we can put it into LLVM test-suite/SingleSource/Benchmarks/.  Please find the attached PolyBench_for_LLVM_test_suite.tgz.

Second, I think I should select some benchmarks for FastPolly testing. Running all LLVM test-suite benchmarks is very time-consuming and unnecessary. My idea is still to run the mediebench  and PolyBench using LNT infrastructure. Please find the attached Prliminary PolyBench evaluation results (LNT_PolyBench.html) using LNT infrastructure.

Third, I think I should evaluate the compile-time and running time in both Polly-enabling case and Polly-disabling case. Currently, I am not clear how to configurate LNT so it can test the same benchmark using different parameters in the same runtime test, but I will investigate it.

Do you think it is a good way to set  up a performance tester for the FastPolly project? If you agree with me, I will try to commit the PolyBench to llvm test-suite in the next step.

Best wishes,
Star Tan