[LLVMdev] Enabling the vectorizer for -Os

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Jun 5 05:41:10 PDT 2013

On 5 June 2013 13:32, David Tweed <david.tweed at arm.com> wrote:

> This is what I'd like to know about: what specific potential to change
> results have you seen in the vectorizer?

No changes, just conceptual. AFAIK, the difference between the passes on O2
and O3 are minimal (looking at the code where this is chosen) and they
don't seem to be particularly amazing to warrant their special place in On
land.

If the argument for having auto-vec on O2 is that O3 makes no difference,
than, why have O3 in the first place? Why not make O3 an alias to O2 and
solve all problems?

cheers,
--renato