[LLVMdev] Dead Code Elimination and undef values

Cristianno Martins cristiannomartins at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 15:38:05 PDT 2013

Hi Duncan,

Sorry for my late reply.

First, since I had already the information about which instructions should
be deleted, I ended up writing a function that just erase all the useless
instructions. Besides that, I actually think the problem with dce was being
cause by my pass: I forgot to return "true" at the end of it, and I guess
the PassManager was not calling dce after it because my pass was telling
the PassManager the code was not being modified. If this is the case, there
is no bug to report, right?

Either way, thank you for your reply =),

--
Cristianno Martins
PhD Student of Computer Science
cmartins at ic.unicamp.br