[LLVMdev] running test-suite in cross compilation/execution

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Sun Jun 2 00:35:42 PDT 2013

Currently, if you are on Mips hardware running linux, you can basically
just run test suite the same way you would run it on an x86 box.

You can just do a "make report TEST=simple" for example.

We also run it on an x86 box, generating MIPS code and then use either
qemu as a simulator or connect to a mips linux box to just execute the
tests.

To do this cross compilation and testing, we have made our own
TEST.xxx... scripts that are heavily customized. We have made other
modifications to various files in test-suite. I'm not sure the total
extent but it takes some work each time we resynch it all to the tip of
tree.

I want to push all of this into the LLVM trunk in some intelligent way
so that it's consistent with what is already there and so that people
that are outside of Mips can just check out an LLVM/Clang tree and build
the compiler and run test-suite.

Is Apple already doing this for compiling test-suite on x86 for ARM/IOS
and then running it on an iphone or ipad?

If so, how is this setup up. I.e.

?????

What is the intention here?

To me, no files should need to be customized as long as the
functionality matches one the ones already in test-suite.

If we do need to put back target specific TEST.xxx files, then maybe
there should be target subdirectories for those.

Tia.

Reed