[LLVMdev] [PROPOSAL] ELF safe/unsafe sections

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Tue Jul 30 20:21:13 PDT 2013

On 7/30/2013 7:43 PM, Reid Kleckner wrote:
> Can you guys invent a more specific word than "safe" to describe this
> concept?  The best thing I can come up with is something like "atomizable
> section".  This is basically describing code and data that the linker
> should feel free to strip and reorder, right?  I'm not tracking this
> closely enough to be totally sure if that's a reasonable word for this.
'safe' becomes a property of a section, when it can be converted to
atoms safely and the atoms can be positioned anywhere/garbage collected
in the final output file. Its also could be a synonym to an 'atomizable'
section.

Thanks

Shankar Easwawran

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation