[LLVMdev] IntrinsicLowering::AddPrototypes

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Mon Jul 29 11:36:42 PDT 2013

On 07/29/2013 09:24 AM, Eli Bendersky wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Reed Kotler <rkotler at mips.com
> <mailto:rkotler at mips.com>> wrote:
>
>     Ooops... Ignore this previous mail.
>
>     The problem still exists with this change.
>

>     On 07/28/2013 02:36 PM, reed kotler wrote:
>
>         It seems that several intrinsics are missing from this routine.
>
>         In particular, floor, which was causing problems in the mips16
>         port.
>
>         Is there some reason to not add the ones that are missing?
>
>         For example, adding the following fixed my problem with floor.
>
>                case Intrinsic::floor:
>                  EnsureFPIntrinsicsExist(M, I, "floorf", "floor",
>         "floor");
>                  break;
>

> Note that this code is being used mainly (only?) by the Interpreter.
>
> Eli
Yes.

I don't know the source of this problem with some intrinsics being
declared improperly.
Sin, cos are okay but Floor and trunc not.

I have a workaround that I will implement today.

For mips16 pic mode I need to make calls to helper functions for
functions with certain prototype.

I intend to move this logic to an earlier place where I am operating on
clang ir but for now it is being handled during call lowering and I rely
on Args and RetTy being correct.