[LLVMdev] Deprecating and removing the MBlaze backend

Jeff Fifield fifield at mtnhigh.net
Wed Jul 24 14:35:29 PDT 2013

So this came up a few months ago and I briefly tried to drum up support
within Xilinx to maintain/improve the MBlaze backend.  I also put it on my
todo list to starting doing some of this myself if needed.  It now sounds
like I should increase the priority of these tasks.  My request is to wait
another couple of months before moving to deprecate and remove.  If I can't
generate any activity by then, go for it -- I completely understand that a
backend without a maintainer no good.

Thanks,
Jeff