[LLVMdev] Build Clang and LLVM on Win 8

Giorgio Franceschetti g.franceschetti at vidya.it
Tue Jul 23 13:02:25 PDT 2013

On my PC it does not work.

I'm able to generate and open the Visual studio project (VS 11 Win64).

I have tried with cmake on command line, with the cmake gui, release 3.4
and 3.3.

But when I try to compile the solution I get a loot of errors about a
missing stdbool.h file.

Does anyone have any hint?

Giorgio

Il 23/07/2013 07.44, Kai Nacke ha scritto:
> Hi Giorgio,
>
> here is another description how to compile LLVM on Windows:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_and_hacking_LDC_on_Windows_using_MSVC
>
> Maybe this is helpful. I created this for Windows 7 but I also
> repeated it successfully on Windows 8.
>
> Regards
> Kai
>
> On 22.07.2013 22:51, Giorgio Franceschetti wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>    yes, I do not know python and I installed it only for being able to
>> build LLVM.
>> Now I have installed version 2.7.
>>
>> I tried with codeblock project generation, but I'm still getting errors.
>>
>> So I moved to visual studio as per "getting started" guide.
>>
>> I run the command: cmake -G "Visual Studio 11" ..\llvm from my build
>> folder.
>>
>> It lists a lot of file not found during the execution, but at the end it
>> does create th visual studio projects.
>> Based on the web guide, it should be successful.
>> First question, is it really?
>>
>> Then, I open visual studio and run the solution compilation.
>>
>> But, after a long time, I got a lot of errors stating that it is not
>> possible to find the stdbool.h file + a few others.
>> Example:
>> error C1083: Impossibile aprire il file inclusione 'stdbool.h': No such
>> file or directory (<my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\floatuntisf.c)    <my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_lib.h    37    1 clang_rt.x86_64
>> error C2061: errore di sintassi: identificatore '__attribute__' (<my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.c)    <my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.h    27    1
>> clang_rt.x86_64
>> error C2059: errore di sintassi: ';' (<my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.c)    <my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.h    27    1
>> clang_rt.x86_64
>> error C2182: 'noreturn': utilizzo non valido del tipo 'void' (<my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.c)    <my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.h    27    1
>> clang_rt.x86_64
>> error C1083: Impossibile aprire il file inclusione 'stdbool.h': No such
>> file or directory (<my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.c)    <my
>> path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_lib.h    37    1 clang_rt.x86_64
>>

>> What could it be?
>>
>> Any help is appreciated,
>>
>>     Giorgio

>>> I think that on this case the problem was not people who actually have
>>> python 3, but people who see Python as a requirement for building LLVM
>>> and go to python.org and download the "most recent" version, i.e.
>>> python
>>> 3, because they are unaware of the incompatibilities. Believe it or