[LLVMdev] Build Clang and LLVM on Win 8

Giorgio Franceschetti g.franceschetti at vidya.it
Mon Jul 22 13:51:01 PDT 2013

Hi all,
   yes, I do not know python and I installed it only for being able to
build LLVM.
Now I have installed version 2.7.

I tried with codeblock project generation, but I'm still getting errors.

So I moved to visual studio as per "getting started" guide.

I run the command: cmake -G "Visual Studio 11" ..\llvm from my build folder.

It lists a lot of file not found during the execution, but at the end it
does create th visual studio projects.
Based on the web guide, it should be successful.
First question, is it really?

Then, I open visual studio and run the solution compilation.

But, after a long time, I got a lot of errors stating that it is not
possible to find the stdbool.h file + a few others.
Example:
error C1083: Impossibile aprire il file inclusione 'stdbool.h': No such
file or directory (<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\floatuntisf.c)	<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_lib.h	37	1	clang_rt.x86_64
error C2061: errore di sintassi: identificatore '__attribute__' (<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.c)	<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.h	27	1	clang_rt.x86_64
error C2059: errore di sintassi: ';' (<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.c)	<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.h	27	1	clang_rt.x86_64
error C2182: 'noreturn': utilizzo non valido del tipo 'void' (<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.c)	<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.h	27	1	clang_rt.x86_64
error C1083: Impossibile aprire il file inclusione 'stdbool.h': No such
file or directory (<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_util.c)	<my
path>\llvm\projects\compiler-rt\lib\int_lib.h	37	1	clang_rt.x86_64

What could it be?

Any help is appreciated,

    Giorgio