[LLVMdev] Compiling "vmkit" on Ubuntu_x64 - Error: missing argument to --bindir

Harris BAKIRAS h.bakiras at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 07:31:46 PDT 2013

I don't know how JRuby works, maybe it uses some new feature that GNU
Classpath does not provide.

VMKit's openJDK version is unstable on 64 bits since package version 6b27.
You can still use it for very small programs which does not need GC but
that's all.

It works fine on 32 bits.
So you can try it on 32 bits or revert your java version to a previous
one (< than 6b27) to test it on 64 bits.

We are working on fixing the 64 bits issue as soon as possible.

Harris Bakiras