[LLVMdev] Help with subtarget features and context-dependent asm parsers

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 09:59:17 PDT 2013

> /tmp/foo.s:1:2: error: instruction requires: distinct-ops
>         sllk    %r2,%r3,1
>         ^

That seems like it would be a good improvement for all targets.

> ARM seems to rely on the current MatchOperandParserImpl() behaviour,
> so I'm not going to suggest changing it unconditionally.

Presumably you switched it and looked at what fell over; do you
remember what kind of problems ARM had? Perhaps we can fix ARM so that
your change works there too.

Don't worry if not, I can try poking it myself based on your patch and
see what happens.

Cheers.

Tim.