[LLVMdev] Script for stressing llc

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Wed Jul 10 21:12:51 PDT 2013

The only precedent I have seen in recent years for shell scripts is the
(absolutely insanely amazingly well-written) utils/TableGen/tdtags.

Ignoring the issue of whether this kind of tool belongs in the repo, IMO it
would be nice if you used tdtags as a "template" for this script; there's a
large amount of shell-fu (not clever "tricks", but actual "how to make a
robust, readable, portable shell script"-fu) in there that you will want to
imitate.

> LLVMHOME=/home/projects/llvm/upstream/llvm-trunk-build/Release+Asserts/bin
> SOPTS="-generate-ppc-fp128"
> TOPTS="-mtriple=powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu -mcpu=pwr7"

Hardcoding these seems a bit "wrong". Are there any reasonable defaults we
can use? ((pwd, empty, host triple) for the three options, respectively,
might be reasonable?).

-- Sean Silva