[LLVMdev] Problem Adding New Pass to Alias Analysis Group

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 10 12:24:51 PDT 2013

Dear All,

I'm trying to add a new alias analysis to the alias analysis group in
LLVM 3.2.  This new pass is linked statically into a tool that lives
outside the LLVM source tree, so I'm trying to avoid making patches to
the LLVM sources.

I've added the INITIALIZE_AG_PASS_BEGIN() and INITIALIZE_AG_PASS_END()
code to the pass, manually scheduled it before the
MemoryDependenceAnalysis pass, and have tried making it a FunctionPass
and an ImmutablePass, but no matter what I do, it seems like
MemoryDependenceAnalysis and other passes keep using the -no-aa default
pass instead.

1) Does anyone have ideas on how to verify that my pass is part of the
alias analysis group?

2) Does anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-- John T.