[LLVMdev] Status of support in dwarf4

Kemper, Benjamin benjamin.kemper at intel.com
Sun Jul 7 23:03:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've built the llvm-dwarfdump tool from the 3.3 branch and ran it on simple binary compiled with dwarf4 debug information.

The tool seem to read the file correctly including dwarf information (DIContext::getDWARFContext returns a valid context), but when trying to access line information, all I get is "<invalid>" string for the file name and 0's for line and column information.

I've seen that there was a talk in the recent Europoe lldb-dev meeting but couldn't figure out the current status from the slides.

Am I missing something or there still no support for parsing dwarf4 info?

Thanks,
Benjamin.
Intel Israel (74) Limited