[LLVMdev] trying to compile llvm+clang on CentOS 5

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Jul 7 03:23:47 PDT 2013

Albert Vilella <avilella at gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to have llvm and clang on a centOS 5 without root permissions.
> I tried to do it downloading llvm and clang src packages and trying the
> ususal configure, make and make install steps as such:
>
> wget http://llvm.org/releases/3.3/llvm-3.3.src.tar.gz
> wget http://llvm.org/releases/3.3/cfe-3.3.src.tar.gz
> tar xzf llvm-3.3.src.tar.gz && cd llvm-3.3.src/tools/ && tar xzf
> ../../cfe-3.3.src.tar.gz

This is wrong, because it doesn't create a directory named `clang' under
$LLVM_SRC_ROOT/tools. Rename the directory created by the last tar
command (`cfe-3.3.src') to `clang' and reconfigure.

P.S.: it is recommended to use a separate build directory instead of
building on the directory where the source code is.