[LLVMdev] Enabling vectorization with LLVM 3.3 for a DSL emitting LLVM IR

St├ęphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Thu Jul 4 13:39:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

Our DSL can generate C or directly generate LLVM IR. With LLVM 3.3, we can vectorize the C produced code using clang with -O3, or clang with -O1 then opt -O3 -vectorize-loops. But the same program generating LLVM IR version cannot be vectorized with opt -O3 -vectorize-loops. So our guess is that our generated LLVM IR lacks some informations that are needed by the vectorization passes to correctly work.

Any idea of what could be lacking?

Thanks

St├ęphane Letz