[LLVMdev] [Patch][Review Requested][Compilation Time] Avoid frequent copy of elements in LoopStrengthReduce

Murali, Sriram sriram.murali at intel.com
Wed Jan 30 11:42:21 PST 2013

The compilation time is measured for different benchmarks while compiling a .bc file into a shared object. The improvement across the range of benchmarks is listed in following table. If the reason behind the need for other performance metrics is to identify possible measurement errors, then I think this table would be of some help. However, we do not have the standard deviation and confidence interval at the moment.
Benchmark\ Improvement (%)

Trunk

BaseRegs.Size

401.bzip2