[LLVMdev] Calling dispatch_async() within call to ExecutionEngine::runFunction()

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Tue Jan 29 23:43:54 PST 2013

My host app calls runFunction() on my JITed code. It, in turn, calls a C function ("decode()") in the host app that then calls dispatch_async(). The runFunction() call returns as expected, but the block passed to dispatch_async() never gets called. The async block is supposed to call a function pointer callback that was passed in to decode().

Everything is being called on the main queue.

Is it not possible to do this? Is something in LLVM actually aborting the dispatch_async() execution of my block?

Thanks!

--
Rick