[LLVMdev] [RFC] Please give feedback on a slide talking about LLVM

陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen) chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Sun Jan 27 23:23:04 PST 2013

Hi all,

  As you might already know, there is a CGO tutorial talking about
MCLinker and LLVM [1]. If you have interest in this topic, please
don't hesitate to join us. ;)

  I, one of the co-oragnizers, are going to give a presentation
talking about "LLVM Intermediate Representation". This presentation
has three subjects:

  - LLVM's lowering flow
  - The intermediate representations (IR) and LLVM IRBuilder
  - LLVM Machine Code Layer

I want to put my slide on the list early so that I can get feedback
from you guys to make the presentation better. You can see the draft
here:

  http://people.cs.nctu.edu.tw/~chenwj/slide/Talk/mclinker-2013/mclinker-2013-chenwj-v1.pdf

The goal of this presentation is giving a clear overview on how
LLVM IR be lowered to binary. I want to make this slide easy to
understand for a LLVM newbie. This slide should be a complementary
material to the LLVM official document, to be specific,

  http://llvm.org/docs/CodeGenerator.html

So if the slide has any incorrectness (even the term I am using),
or you think the slide is NOT easy to understand , or you think
I should add something else, please let me know.

  Thanks. :-)

Regards,
chenwj

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/mclinker/wiki/2013CGOTutorial

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,