[LLVMdev] LLVM JIT machine detection

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Fri Jan 25 10:31:13 PST 2013

How does the LLVM JIT determine the ABI and architecture to generate
code for?

I ask because I have an armhf device (running Debian, sort of), except
the JIT is generating soft-float code. This isn't ABI compatible as
parameters are passed in the wrong registers, and so simply doesn't work.

Is this something that I, as an LLVM library user, should not need to
worry about (and therefore the fact that it doesn't work is a
misconfiguration of the LLVM Debian package), or should I be setting up
the JIT somehow?

│
│ 𝕻𝖍'𝖓𝖌𝖑𝖚𝖎 𝖒𝖌𝖑𝖜'𝖓𝖆𝖋𝖍 𝕮𝖙𝖍𝖚𝖑𝖍𝖚 𝕽'𝖑𝖞𝖊𝖍
𝖜𝖌𝖆𝖍'𝖓𝖆𝖌𝖑 𝖋𝖍𝖙𝖆𝖌𝖓.