[LLVMdev] Fails to compile w/ MinGW: sys/mman.h: No such file or directory

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Tue Jan 22 11:12:48 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:44:59AM -0600, Shankar Easwaran wrote:
> On 1/22/2013 1:49 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
>>> What can I do?
>> Just don't build compiler-rt. And yes, instructions should be modified
>> to outline that compiler-rt is optional step.
>>
>> --
>> With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
>> Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University
> Why is the header using sys/mman.h, isnt it supposed to be using
> llvm/Support include files such as MemoryBuffer ?

I may be mistaken but I believe that compiler-rt cannot use
anything from llvm/ as it would introduce unwanted LLVM symbols
into compiler-rt.

Attached is something I came up with to fix the build on Windows,
not sure if it's correct as I couldn't figure out how to build the
tests on Windows.

Thanks,
--
Peter