[LLVMdev] llvm-3.1 with "native" half support alpha version

beat beatbm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 05:27:37 PST 2013

We have tried to make a version for llvm with native support for half
floating point because we are interested in it.

we added from  http://half.sourceforge.net/ a half-float library and changed
some records in llvm and the way that handles half float.

we also used the patch that was on this thread
http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/PATCH-OpenCL-half-support-tt40041.html  so
the clang front-end could make IR with half.

we created a target that has half float registers and tested on it.

do you think it is a good idea to make a branch for it ??

or try to port it to llvm-3.2?

thanks in advance

Nikos Stavropoulos

n.stavropoulos at think-silicon.com